We understand that sometimes life's hurdles can make it challenging to make ends meet.
We offer services that help with a family or individual's most pressing needs:
- Open Monday - Friday from 8:45-12:15, 1-3:30
- E 17th St entrance - door by the ramp has an awning and a doorbell - contact free, masks required
- Bring a photo ID if you have one, and answer basic questions regarding your household
If you need rent or utility assistance due to COVID-19, please go to this site.
Rent, Security Deposit, Mortgage Assistance
Call 814-SHELTER (814-743-5837) first for these requests! They'll make an official referral for you.
- Life-sustaining prescriptions (1x/year)
- Transportation assistance for out-of-town medical appointments (1x/year)
- Bus token (employment purposes 1x/year)
Referrals to other SMC programs or to another local agency
- Other programs including credit/budget counseling, St. Martin Early Learning Center, etc.
- Other local agencies who may be able to better assist you